Make up is one of the most embraced beauty techniques to enhance one’s aesthetic value, especially by women. In order to look good as you would like, you ought to know your face structure and shape.
Knowing your bone structure and face shape can help you choose the most suitable makeup shades that best elaborate your positive features.
The three major facial parts involved are the eyes, lips and the cheeks.
Makeup technique for oval shape
A person with oval shaped face tends to have balanced bone structure from every angle. Concentrate on the lips or eyes and keep the other features neutral.
- Apply lip liner before lip gloss to define the lips.
- For the eyes, a smoky and sultry shade perfectly suits an oval face. Use a liner to line the lower lash line.
- Warm complexion with blush on the cheeks. Put emphasis on the apple of your cheeks.
Makeup technique for square shape
- Blend shadows on your eyes and keep the shapes softer with no sharp edge.
- The color of the lip should be concentrated at the center of the lips or simply use a soft lip gloss.
- Trim your eyebrows and go for the arc shape for a face lift. Use clear mascara to brush your brows.
Makeup technique for round faces
- Use a dark shadow color from lid to brow bone.
- Use bold lipstick or soft lip gloss to enhance the look.
- Use bronzy powders to give your face more definition.
Makeup techniques for a heart shaped face
Women with heart-shaped faces have wide foreheads and a narrow chin.
- Apply blush below the cheeks to define the cheekbones.
- Wear bold lipstick/ gloss. This draws attention to the lower part of your face.
- Apply the right makeup according to the shape of your face to give it a cooler shape.
These are just some of the tips for applying make-up on different face shapes. It is always a good idea to look at pictures online of women with the different face shapes and see how they are wearing their makeup.
There are websites and online magazines dedicated to helping women come to understand what works for them.
Don’t be afraid to try new things as well. You don’t have to be rigid when it comes to sticking with the suggestions for your face type. After all, make up is a lot like art and most of the time when it comes to art, the beauty is in the eye of the creator and beholder. Relax and have some fun with your make up.